In the daily life of the association, at our level, we are committed to adopting behaviors that respect biodiversity and the environment. Simple commitments that we invite you to follow at home and at work.
Control energy consumption
- To save power, we turn off our lights, computer equipment and electronics, and do not leave electrical appliances (computers, printers, etc.) Standby. Our lamps are equipped with energy-saving bulbs.
- To reduce our electricity consumption, in summer, we do not use air conditioning, and in winter, a sweater over reduces heating at home and office.
- To save water, we don't leave it running when we wash our hands or take showers.
- To preserve it, we use green cleaning products and sparingly.
- Of course, or no toxic waste is flushed down the toilet or sink.
Reduce our travel and focus on clean urban transport
- To get around the city, encourage cycling. The association supports the maintenance of the bikes of our employees. Of course, all other trips are made by public transport (Metro and bus).
- To travel in France and abroad, we prefer train transport. We only take the car to the field when it is really necessary and, in this case, we opt for carpooling.
- We promote teleworking, when this is compatible with the mission of our employees. Fewer trips home - office: this is so much time saved for setting up projects to save biodiversity, and of course less energy consumption in transport!
- Finally, we are consolidating and extending our missions abroad to limit our air travel.
- To reduce paper consumption, management of all our records and archives is in electronic form. We communicate with you primarily through our website and by email.
- We only print documents only when necessary and then we try to minimize our consumption by printing sheets front and back, reusing single-sided sheets as scrap and optimizing the layout (reduced margins, line spacing and font size).
- To reduce our consumption of natural resources, we only use unbleached recycled paper. In addition to reusing material, making recycled paper requires less water and less energy.
- We recycle paper by placing it in containers provided for this purpose. Do as we, keep in a corner of your office locker scrap paper and another for paper recycling.
- We reduce our waste at the source, avoiding buying disposable products such as plastic cups, water bottles, over-packaged products, etc. Instead, we favor glass water bottles that we fill at the store. tap, and we each have our own cup.
- By drinking tap water, it is so many plastic bottles that we do not throw away! Loose tea and a teapot help to avoid all this unnecessary waste, while giving it a convivial touch.
- Because all wastes are not preventable, we contribute to the selective collection of waste and recycle paper, ink cartridges, batteries, Glass and packaging. We promote eco-refills and supplies when they are rechargeable. We compost our organic waste.
- We prefer our food purchases of local products, season, environmentally and men.
- If possible, we buy the most organic food and / or fair trade or local producers for products found in France.
- With the 1% for the planet network, we favor partners and service providers (such as printers) and suppliers who are committed to taking the environment into account.
- The takeaway is often synonymous with waste : plastic bags, papiers gras, paper towels, cans ... the list is long. If refuse the plastic bag is simple, reduce other packaging is sometimes more complicated. Many reasons that we have to invest in a microwave to be able to eat meals at the office and transported in reusable plastic boxes. An asset to the nature, the palate and the wallet !
- Associations sometimes receive donations of furniture or office supplies when changing furniture or other moving structures. It is thanks to the Foundation Emmaus we could equip our offices. This is a good opportunity for us to reuse and recycle materials in good condition !
Respect nature on the field
- During our activities or field trips, we try to be discreet to limit our impact on the environment and disturbance of wildlife, following the "Leave no trace" charter.
Beings Ambassadors of Biodiversity
- Word of mouth and social networks allow effective dissemination of information and experience. We try to share our passion, for biodiversity close to home !