Accompanied to the entrance of the massive Lucile Allorge botanist, a team of 11 people led by Evrard Wendenbaum penetrated for the first time the most remote and inaccessible canyons Makay in August 2007.
This team consisted of:
- Evrard Wendenbaum: expedition leader, director and photographer
- John Quirici: grimpeur professionnel
- Mohamed Mezaga: Geographe
It is worth mentioning also the carrier team without whom this journey would not have been possible:
- Paul Tafana (Chef Porteur)
- Didier Rakotonanrasan
- Jean-Pierre Randiamifidy
- Romain Faralahatra
- Jean-Pierre Ndrianambininatodisoa (Tody)
This expedition exploration has identified different ecosystems studied massif and make an inventory of the state of environmental degradation.